7 tips for maintaining a healthy mouth during pregnancy:
- Brush thoroughly with an ADA-accepted fluoride toothpaste twice a day.
- Floss between your teeth daily.
- Purchase products that have the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
- Eat a balanced diet. If you snack, do so in moderation.
- Visit your dentist regularly for a professional cleaning and check-up.
- If you need help controlling plaque, your dentist may recommend rinsing at night with an antimicrobial mouth rinse.
- If you have morning sickness and are vomiting frequently, try rinsing with a teaspoon of baking soda mixed with water to stop stomach acid from attacking your teeth.
5430 Lemay Ferry Road, Suite 3
St. Louis, MO 63129